Lift Brands, Inc.
Lift Brands, Inc., the parent company to Snap Fitness, a worldwide franchisor of fast, convenient and affordable fitness centers, is seeking a paralegal/legal assistant and contracts administrator to join our growing legal department and support our continued success.
Summary of Job: Excellent opportunity for a paralegal/legal assistant with a minimum 1-3 years of experience in commercial, corporate and contracting matters to assist a busy in-house Legal Department with a variety of assignments. This role is responsible for supporting the corporate attorneys with drafting, research, contract management, and support for a broad array of legal department projects and initiatives. The successful applicant will be a highly resourceful individual who is a natural team player with the ability to be extremely effective independently. Qualified candidates will have demonstrated ability in meeting demanding performance goals and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide support to General Counsel and Legal Department
- Preparation of various documents for attorney review including
- Vendor contracts and agreement addenda
- Transactional documents
- Global Membership and Club Usage Terms and Conditions
- Demand letters and settlement agreements
- Contracts Administration
- Implementation and management of contract management software and system
- Review and evaluate new contract submissions and requests
- Work closely with lawyers and business leaders to assess business and legal terms
- Coordinate cross-functional review of agreements by other internal departments as needed
- Assist in the review, editing, negotiation, and finalization of customer agreements
- Prepare non-disclosure, sales and purchasing contracts and statements of work
- Update and manage standard contract forms and templates
- Manage and administer corporate contract files.
- Intellectual Property Management
- Assist with all aspects of patent and trademark registration, maintenance and renewals
- Communicate with internal business units with respect to trademark matters
- Manage legal compliance review of advertising materials
- Assist with board and shareholder meetings, including meeting planning, preparing agendas and board materials
- Organize, maintain, and manage corporate records and corporate filings.
- Assist in the documentation, implementation and administration of Legal Department policies and procedures.
- Perform global legal research including, but not limited to, statutes, regulations, administrative and case law.
- Legal reading comprehension and knowledge of legal terminology
- Ability to work with and take direction from multiple individuals, work collaboratively with a team, as well as the ability to work independently
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability; thrives in a changing and/or fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information discreetly and professionally
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders and business partners
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail
- Effective and professional oral and written communication
Education and Experience:
- Paralegal degree (preferred)
- In-house Paralegal/Legal Assistant and/or Contracts Administrator experience (preferred)
- At least 3 years of overall professional experience
- Intermediate level or better Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat
- Competitive salary
- Vacation/Holiday Pay
- Health Savings Account
- Voluntary benefits such as Short Term disability and Long Term disability to name a few
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Referral Program
- 401(k) company match
- Free single membership to a Snap Fitness gym
- Discounted workout apparel
- Company events (Holiday party, summer barbecue, boat cruise, wellness days)
Snap Fitness - Corporate
Founded in 2003, Snap Fitness is a fast-growing, world-wide provider of compact, state-of-the-art fitness centers. Snap is a fast, convenient, and affordable workout alternative to over-sized, over-priced, and over-crowded health clubs. We feature 24/7 access to cardio and strength-training equipment that truly sets industry standards. With progressive, member-friendly policies that include the elimination of contracts, an ability to freeze memberships for up to three months annually, and the freedom to use any Snap Fitness club in North America, our club represents one of the best high-growth employment choices for today's fitness-oriented job seeker.
Company Website: www.snapfitness.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)