Role and Responsibilities
Group Fitness Instructors are expected to teach safe and effective classes for our members and are to purpose and maintain educational standards commensurate with Active Wellness quality.
- Deliver safe group fitness classes to the members
- Say Hi?, acknowledge and encourage members, show your enthusiasm and friendliness. SMILE!
- Assist members in using safe and effective form during his/her workout
- Work together as a TEAM
- Support, teach and encourage members to meet his/her fitness goals
- Attend department meetings and continuing education classes to keep certifications current
- Help keep the club(s) well stocked and CLEAN!
- Keep all equipment in good working conditions
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly fitness environment, picking up towels, water bottles, etc.
- Have fun!
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- 2 years Group Exercise experience preferred. Teaching Zumba or Zumba experience highly preferred.
- Current nationally recognized Group Fitness Certification or specialty class certificate, specialty class license (i.e. Zumba®, etc.).
- Customer service oriented and ability to teach
- Proof of citizenship or legal status
Physical and Working Conditions:
- Ability to stand for several hours in a same shift, physical agility, ability to lift 25lbs
- Fitness club environment
- Must follow OSHA and Active Wellness safety standards
Snap Fitness - Victoria
Founded in 2003, Snap Fitness is a fast-growing, world-wide provider of compact, state-of-the-art 24/7 fitness centers. Snap is a fast, convenient, and affordable workout alternative to over-sized, over-priced, and over-crowded health clubs. We feature 24/7 access to cardio and strength-training equipment that truly sets industry standards. With progressive, member-friendly policies that include the elimination of contracts, an ability to freeze memberships for up to three months annually, and the freedom to use any Snap Fitness club in North America, our club represents one of the best high-growth employment choices for today's fitness-oriented job seeker.
Company Website: www.snapfitness.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)